Table of contents
1. Summary of changes
2. Thank you for using Jolshaghar!
3. We collect information in a few different ways
4. What we do with the info we collect
5. Transferring your information
6. Choices you have about your info
7. How and when we share information
8. How long we keep your information
9. Our policy on children’s information
10. Your options
11. Residents of the SAARC & EEA
12. Indian Residents
13. How we make changes to this policy
14. Contact us
Summary of changes
We added more details about data we collect and how it's used, along with a new way to control whether it is used to report on ads performance.
We added new information for our West Bengal residents.
Thank you for using Jolshaghar!
Our mission is to bring everyone our inspiration to create media they love. To do that, we show you personalized content and ads we think you’ll be interested in based on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
We collect information in a few different ways
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use Jolshaghar you voluntarily share certain information including your name, email address, phone number, photos, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share your precise location using your device settings or through photos. We will still use your IP address, which is used to approximate your location, even if you don't choose to share your precise location. You will also have the option to share other information about yourself such as your gender, age and preferred language.
If you connect your Facebook, Google or other third-party accounts to Jolshaghar, we use information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts) to improve your Jolshaghar experience. This is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
2. We also get technical information when you use Jolshaghar
When you use a website, mobile application or other internet service, certain internet and electronic network activity information gets created and logged automatically. This is also true when you use Jolshaghar. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
1. Log data. When you use Jolshaghar, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address (which we use to infer your approximate location), the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate Jolshaghar features (like the “Save” button—more details below), searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Jolshaghar, cookie data and device data.
3. Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using Jolshaghar on, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks.
4. Clickstream data and inferences. When you’re on Jolshaghar, we use your activity—such as which links you click on, boards you create, and any text that you add in a comment or description—along with information you provided when you first signed up and information from our partners and advertisers to make inferences about you and your preferences. For example, if you click on a link about a particular artist, we may infer you are enthusiastic to hear more from the said artist or that particular genre of music. We may also infer information about your education or professional experience based on your activity when you link your account to accounts you have with third parties like Facebook or Google.
3. Our partners and advertisers share information with us
We also get information about you and your activity outside Jolshaghar from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
1. Some websites or apps use Jolshaghar features such as our “Save” button, or you may install our “Save” button for your browser. If so, we collect log data from those sites or apps.
2. Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure, report on or improve the performance of ads on Jolshaghar, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you on or off of Jolshaghar. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser's site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third-party service, which we might use to help show you ads.
What we do with the info we collect
We’re committed to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. To do that, we use your information to provide and improve your experience, including:
1. Identify you when you use Jolshaghar.
2. Recommend links, artists, genres or categories you might like based on your activity on Jolshaghar. For example, if we see you’re into “Folk Songs”, we may suggest folk song related links, artists or people that we think you might like, or show you related ads.
3. Respond to your questions or comments.
We have a legitimate interest for using your info in these ways. It's fundamental to what we do at Jolshaghar and necessary in order to make Jolshaghar and its features relevant and personalized to you.
We also have a legitimate interest in making Jolshaghar safe and improving our product features so you keep finding the inspiration you want. We all benefit when we use your information to:
1. Suggest other people who have similar interests. For example, if you follow “Horror”, we may suggest certain “Horror Themed Shows” that you might like.
2. Help your friends and contacts find you on Jolshaghar, if you agree to this in your settings. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we can help your Facebook friends find you on Jolshaghar when they first sign up for Jolshaghar. Or people can search for your account on Jolshaghar using your email.
3. Work with law enforcement and keep Jolshaghar safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts. To find out more about how we respond to law enforcement requests, please see our Law Enforcement Guidelines.
4. Review your messages on Jolshaghar to detect activity that poses a risk to the safety of you, our community and/or members of the public.
5. Conduct analytics and research on who is using Jolshaghar and what they are doing. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on Jolshaghar, we can understand which version is better.
6. Improve Jolshaghar and offer new features.
7. Advertise Jolshaghar products and services to you on other sites. You can choose for us not to share your information with other sites to personalize those ads as described in the Choices you have about your information section below.
8. Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like saves or comments, happenings on Jolshaghar) and news by email or push notification, depending on your settings. For example, we send weekly updates that include Links you may like. You can decide to stop getting these notifications by updating your settings.
We have a legitimate interest in delivering ads that are relevant, interesting and personal to you in order to generate revenue. To further these interests we use the information we collect to:
2. Tell our ad partners how their Jolshaghar ads are doing, and how to make them better. Some of this information is aggregated. For example, we would report to an advertiser that a certain percentage of people who viewed a Promoted Link went on to visit that advertiser's site. In other instances, this information isn’t aggregated. For example, we would let an advertiser know that a particular Promoted Link has been saved by certain people. To find out more about reporting on ads please visit the Help Center.
In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to:
1. Allow searching with videos and links. For example, if you take a video of a performing artist you like, you can ask us to show you similar videos. You can opt in to this in your device operating system settings.
2. Send you marketing materials by email, text, push notification or phone call depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
3. Identify your precise location and customize the content we show you. For example, if we know that you’re near a movie hall or concert event we may show you related media that may be of interest to you. You can opt in to this in your device operating system settings.
4. Tell our ad partners how their ads are doing using the Jolshaghar Tag. The Jolshaghar Tag (a piece of code an advertiser puts on their site) delivers insights to us and our ad partners about actions that a person takes on their website after viewing an ad on Jolshaghar. To learn more about the Jolshaghar Tag, please visit the Help Center.
1. Identify you across different browser sessions. This means if you log into Jolshaghar from your phone (or any device), we'll remember that you're you and then you won't need to enter your login details each time you visit Jolshaghar.
Choices you have about your info
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Jolshaghar account, many of these controls are built directly into Jolshaghar or your settings. For example, you can:
1. Edit information in your profile at any time, decide whether your profile is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Jolshaghar account using your email address.
2. Link or unlink your Jolshaghar account from other services (like Facebook, Google or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also decide whether or not to publish your Jolshaghar activity to that service.
3. Choose whether Jolshaghar will be customized for you using information from other websites or apps. If you have a Jolshaghar account and want to control how your offsite data is used to tailor your experience, you can visit your settings and update your “Personalization” preferences.
4. Choose whether Jolshaghar ads delivered to you on other platforms, sites or apps are customized using information about your account activities. You can control this by visiting your settings and updating your “Personalization” preferences.
5. Choose whether Jolshaghar shares information about your activity on Jolshaghar for ads performance reporting. You can control this by visiting your settings and updating your “Personalization” preferences.
6. Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it, remove your likes and preferences from Jolshaghar and delete your account data. Please note that there may be legal reasons for us to keep your data, such as if we receive a law enforcement request asking us to preserve data. We may also retain certain information in our backup systems for a limited period of time, or as required by law.
We also support settings such as Limit Ad Tracking in iOS, Ads Personalization in Android devices as well as Do Not Track in browsers. Learn more about how Do Not Track affects our collection and use of data collected off of Jolshaghar. You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Jolshaghar. For example:
1. The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
2. Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your precise location, photos, contacts and other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider
How and when we share information
Anyone can see the links you share and profile information you give us. We also make this public information available through what are called APIs (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner can study what their most popular Links are or how their Links are being shared on Jolshaghar by using a Jolshaghar API. We also share your information with:
1. Other services, at your direction, to enable you to sign up for or log in to Jolshaghar, or when you decide to link your Jolshaghar account to those services, like Facebook or Google, or when you publish your content on Jolshaghar to them. For example, if you choose to publish your Links to Facebook or Twitter, then information about that content will be shared with Facebook or Twitter.
2. Services we use to market Jolshaghar to you on sites and apps other than Jolshaghar, such as Facebook Ads, Google Marketing Platform, Microsoft Advertising, LinkedIn Advertising, The Trade Desk and others from time to time. You can opt-out of sharing with such advertising services in your settings.
3. Online advertisers and third-party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps (for example, through Google Analytics). This includes us sharing the Links or ads you were shown on Jolshaghar and whether or how you engaged with those links or ads, or other information about your activity on Jolshaghar. Learn more about how we share information with online advertisers. To learn more about third-party companies that analyze ad performance, please visit our Help Center.
5. Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Jolshaghar; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
6. Our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser).
How long we keep your information
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
Our policy on children’s information
Children under 13 are not allowed to use Jolshaghar. If you are based in the SAARC and EEA you may only use Jolshaghar if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you. To exercise these options, please visit your account settings and, if you still need help, our Help Center.
1. Request access to the information we collect and hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it through our Help Center.
2. Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your profile or delete your data by closing your account.
3. Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you updates about your account, such as when someone comments on one of your Links.
4. Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, and, where it's technically feasible for us to do so.
5. Request more details about the information we collect and how and why we use and share it.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your options related to your personal information. We work to be clear with you about your options and the consequences of exercising certain options. If you have questions, please contact us.
Residents of the SAARC & EEA
If you have any questions about our data processing activities, the data controller you should contact is JDD Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd., an Indian company with its registered office at 7/18/1 Basak Bagan, P.O. Baranagar, P.S. Baranagar Kolkata 700 036. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority as specified under Chapter X of the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 or with your local supervisory authority.
Because Jolshaghar is a worldwide service, we may transfer the personal data of SAARC & EEA residents to a country outside the SAARC & EEA. Where we transfer information from the SAARC & EEA to a country that doesn't provide an adequate level of protection, we’ll only do so under appropriate safeguards to protect your information, like standard contractual clauses.
The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 requires us to disclose categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights Indian residents have under applicable laws. You may exercise the following rights:
1. Right to Information. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
2. Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
3. Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
In order to verify your identity when you make a request, you will be required to log in to your password-protected account or respond to an email verification request. We do not sell the Personal Information of our users.
In addition to exercising these rights yourself, you may also designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In order to do this, we will ask you to verify the request directly via email or through your password-protected account.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information and in the past 12 months, we have disclosed these categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to affiliates, service providers and third parties.
1. Identifiers, such as your name, username, email address, phone number, unique device identifiers, and your IP address
2. Personal characteristics protected by law, such as your gender and age
3. Commercial information, such as purchases made, and payment information
4. Internet or electronic network activity information, such as information about your device and your use of our Services
5. Geo-location data, when shared through your device settings or photos
6. Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as your profile picture or photos
7. Professional or employment information, when you link your account to other accounts
8. Inferences we draw or derive about users, such as your interests or preferences
9. Other information you provide, such as your bio, Pins, and comments
How we make changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Jolshaghar after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
The best way to get in touch with us or to exercise your options described above is through the Help Center. If you live in India, JDD Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd. is responsible for your information. You can contact Jolshaghar at 7/18/1 Basak Bagan, P.O. Baranagar, P.S. Baranagar Kolkata 700 036.